So, I guess that I don't post enough. I don't ever feel like I have anything interesting to say, or what I do have sounds like complaining. I don't like to complain, though, so there goes that.
So, let's see, what's happening in my life. I have a new job, at the library here on campus. Starting after Spring Break, I will be working overnight circulation. Fun, I know. I am also going home for spring break, for the first time since June. I am very excited to see all my family and friends back in Colorado.
I had a seizure at work yesterday. I hate having to deal with things like that. I know, logically, that this is not something I have control over, but I always vaguely feel like it is my fault. Like I should be able to just stop it from happening. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but I don't like the lack of control that comes with a seizure. Maybe that's why I feel that I have to control everything else. Like it makes up for it.
I guess there is not much else. Justin finally got into IU, which makes me very happy. It will be great to have him around again.
And, for one last thing, Emmie asked me to do this survey thing:
1. Grab the book nearest you, turn to page 18 and find line 4.
"immigrants settled in America. The vast majority were law-abiding artisans, farmers, and unskilled toilers." -Five Families
by Selwyn Raab (what can I say, I'm in a library. I picked a random book off the shelf behind me.)
2. Stretch out your left arm as far as you can. What can you touch?
The window, the heating vent, my iPod, the wall, the book I just quoted then set on the table.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
On my TV? An episode from Season 1 of Veronica Mars
On an actual TV channel? Part of Psych
, an episode of House
and part of Monk
with Diana. A TV show? Episode 15 of Heroes
on my laptop.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
4 pm or so.
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The music from my iPod. And not much else. I am on the 2nd floor of the West Tower, with headphones on. So what little sound there is is muffled.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
It was a while ago. Maybe before noon? I went over to the Health Center, picked up a perscription and scheduled an appointment.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Email, watched Heroes
15, checked my bank balance and what day my library books were due, browsed Facebook.
9. What are you wearing?
Blue jeans, my SLIS t-shirt with my IU hoodie over it, blue and black striped socks, my slip-on black shoes.
10. Did you dream last night?
Probably. Though I don't really remember it.
11. When did you last laugh?
At lunch with Michelle, we were talking about making bars out of books, and SIRSI.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Bookshelves full of books, lightswitches, directional signs, some outlets, and signs reminding people that "This floor is designated Quiet Study
". And maybe some other things that I can't see.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
I was in the emergency room yesterday. So, yes, of couse. I also go to college, which in and of itself requires many weird things.
14. What do you think of this quiz?
15. What is the last film you saw?
At home? Lord of War
. In the theatre? Pan's Labrynth
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Books, a house, things to spoil my kitties, things to spoil my parents, food, and I would donate a lot to the Community Band. And, other frivolous things that I don't really need.
17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
In general, things that I don't tell people are for a reason... but, we'll go with... I can cook, I just don't like to.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do?
Honestly, I don't know. Universal healthcare? There's too much that I want to change.
19. Do you like to dance?
Sometimes. Not often, however.
20. George Bush:
Sometimes makes me very angry.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl. What do you call her?
I don't know. I tend to assign names based on looks.
22. Imagine your first child is a boy. What do you call him?
Hitler! Haha, no, not really. I don't know this one, either.
23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
I have. I don't know how I would do living away from my family, though.
24. What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate?
25. Five people who you want to fill this quiz out next.hellsbookeeperthief_mastergreenspiral
And, that's all I've got.